Any promotional prices that may appear from time to time are strictly based on the pupil doing at least, 1 Two hourly lesson per week from the
start of the first lesson. The rest of the Terms & Conditions also apply.
The vast majority of courses go without a hitch, but please read and understand the Terms And Conditions below prior to booking, so we both know where we stand and how the course works.
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
By booking a course of driving lessons with L Wise.co.uk you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
•‘you’ means the person named on the booking form as the pupil
•‘we’ ‘us’ means The instructor of L Wise.co.uk.
•‘the driving school’ means the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you
•‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
*Terms & Conditions
1. Each course is for the total amount of hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test and drive home at the end of the course. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate (this can be agreed between you the pupil and your instructor, normally £25).
2. If transport to the theory test centre is required during a lesson, this will form part of your lesson time, from when you arrive in the car until we drop you off home after the theory test. Transport to the theory test centre will be arranged only if requested, as we will need to make sure the lesson times sync up with the test time.
3. All pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be abandoned until you have corrected your eyesight.
4. If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund.
5. The cost of your theory test is £21. The cost of your practical test is £62 on a weekday, however tests offered at weekends, or outside of normal working hours is £75. Once these tests are booked for you they are non refundable unless cancelled at least 4 clear working days (a working day is MON- FRI) before the test date. Please note you can book these tests yourself on the official DVSA booking website,
6. All deposits paid are non-refundable if the course is cancelled once the instructor has made contact with the pupil and agreed the 1st lesson times and dates. Driving instructors are self employed business men and women and a late cancellation of the course leaves the driving instructor without any income for that week. Courses may be rescheduled for a later date at the instructors discretion.
7. Once the course hours have been organised into the driving instructors diary, If a pupil then cancels a driving day and it is less than 1 full clear week from the lesson due date, then those lessons will be forefitted and time lost. We cannot rearrange a course once you have agreed the times with the driving instructor at short notice.
8. If a pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show , then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £25.
9. When taking a crash driving course it is not possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks will be arranged between you the pupil and your instructor, the total time you book with us includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home.
10. All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities and are a guide only. No guarantees can be implied.
11. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA).
12. The contract of the Crash Course / Intensive Course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes or claims should therefore be taken up with the instructor
13. The course fee is payable to the instuctor at the start of the cousre which allows him to book your tests in advance.
14. Failure to be able to pay for the course on the first lesson or when requested will result in immediate course cancellation.
15. In the unlikely event of the instructors vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time will be made, Lessons taken will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
16. L Wise Driving School your driving instructor can not be held liable for any losses resulting in course cancellation or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons - driving course or driving test cancellation due to bad weather, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown & sudden product recall on vehicles.
1. All courses undertaken with a DVSA registered self employed instructor are on an individual basis.
2. We do not offer shared courses e.g. 2 pupils in the car.
3. No guarantee can be made of test availability. In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. If the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible / liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost, you may need to purchase additional lessons to retake the test. You may be able to claim reimbursement of some lesson time off the DVSA in certain circumstances.
4. Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No refund will be made in these circumstances.
5. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.
6. The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
7. The driving instructor will not smoke in the training vehicle.
8. Refreshment breaks will be at the pupils request only but will form part of your daily tuition period
9. The driving instructor will not use a mobile telephone, except in an emergency, or in the interest of, or with the permission of the pupil.
10. The training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls.
11. All special offers and course/lesson prices are strictly based on the pupil doing at least, 1 Two hourly lesson per week from the
start of the first lesson.
12. If a gift voucher is supplied by L Wise then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
13. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, (see 11 above) then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month if you have to reschedule some of the hours, at the instructors discretion. After this time, the lessons and test fees will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
14. When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £25.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements (20.5m or 67ft).
2. You satisfy the DVSA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
3.You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for 20 minutes for a pupil at the agreed meeting point, if you are not in the car within 20 minutes of the agreed meeting time, and haven't made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated with you and move on to another lesson. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
4. You attend the theory test on time and take both parts of a valid provisional driving license with you when you attend. Theory test booking conformations will be sent via email on the email address you provide for us. Failure to attend will result in loss of the test fee and you will have to pay for the next one.
5. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If the driving instuctor detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
6. A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
7. You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence (both parts). If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school/instructor cannot by law permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
8. The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales.
1.L Wise.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully – in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998
2. Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party
Questions about the terms & conditions
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us.
Additional terms and conditions from the DVSA website for your theory test bookings (if required).
You must bring the following with you to your test:
your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photocard licence – both the photocard and paper counterpart must be presented
or, your old style valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) paper driving licence and valid passport; (holders of non-UK passports should check that they are eligible to take a driving test here)
It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. If you do not bring these items with you, or you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
If you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to reschedule a test booked for a Monday you must inform us on later than the previous Tuesday.
If you need to cancel your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date, to avoid losing your fee. For example to cancel a test booked for a Friday you must inform us on the previous Monday.
Please turn up at the test centre 15 minutes before your appointment is due, so that you can check in.
All test centres are audio and visually monitored for quality and security purposes.
Personal Items are NOT allowed into a testing room and must be placed in a locker. Personal items include, but are not limited to: mobile phones, ear pieces/ear phones, laptops/hand-held computers/personal digital assistants (PDAs) and other electronic devices, pagers, handbags, purses, wallets, hats, bags, coats, books, revision notes, dictionaries, note paper, pens, watches, food and drink.